Iâ€™ve had this blog since 2005 and this website — which was bloggy before blogs were ubiquitous — since 1997 or 1998 — I forget.
My first blog post was about vo-dee-oh-do-doh…
Remember when Laverne De Fazio implied her roommate Shirley Feeney vo-dee-oh-do-dohed?
And then Shirley insisted she most certainly did not vo-dee-oh-do-doh.
Finally Laverne conceded and said â€œYeah, but you vo-de-ohed.â€
Eight-year-old-me had no ideaâ€¦
That Carmine, the big Ragoo.
An interesting start. One that might lead one to conclude my blog contain thinly veiled references to you-know-what.
Nope. Okay, maybe sometimes, but so veiled I bet most readers missed them.
So almost 2000 posts later — what do I write about?
- Shoes, boots, shoes, clogs….
- Vacations — mostly New York and other fun destinations but sometimes other (not) interesting places like Providence, RI.
- Nostalgia — Grade 9…was I cute or what?
- Aging. A recurring theme. Rest assured, I am getting used to the idea, but I don’t imagine that I will stop mentioning it. What with all the material middle-age will continue to bring!
- Home decor — bad flooring, worse flooring, strange walls, not one but two chairs of happiness and delight!
What I don’t write about:
- My (very exciting) personal life. Dear Diary this is not.
- My (great) job — except for pleasant anecdotes.
- My (big European) family — well, unless it’s one of the people who are no longer with us. They have not complained. Others might.
- Politics. I have views. They are neither shocking nor especially interesting.