I’ve never been one of those people who have a list of things they must do before they turn a certain age. Nope, I just try and do things I like to do.
So I won’t be:
- Learning a new language. I can barely speak two as it is and I can hardly spell in the one I speak the most often.
- Embracing a new sport. I don’t play any sports now and my knees hurt after a brisk walk.
- Learning to play an instrument. I’m not musical and I’m hearing impaired. It’s better for everyone if I don’t attempt the saxophone or guitar at this stage in my life.
- Having a baby. Maybe I could or maybe I couldn’t (the eggs are aging) but it’s not in the plan.
- Bungee jumping, skydiving, rock climbing, scuba diving, or doing anything involving a zip line. As mentioned earlier, my knees hurt and I think I lack the thrill-seeking gene.
- Writing the novel I have deep inside of me. I looked â€• there is no novel. There might be a pamphlet.
- Running a marathon. Again the knees (and the feet and the lungs and the…)
- Milking a cow. I’ve milked a goat and that was quite enough, thank you.
- Swimming with a sea creature (dolphin, shark, turtle etc). I’m not a good swimmer and I get chilly easily.
- Taking a 24 hour vow of silence to get in touch with myself. Nothing funny about this â€• I just couldn’t do it.