I’m hosting my book club next week and I need to come up with three book selections for us. As usual, I’m having some trouble but I already have one novel selected.
I still need to think of two more options. I do have these two books on my shelf but they’re not suitable as they’re short story collections:
- No One Belongs Here More Than You: Stories by Miranda July
- I’ve started it and it’s interesting but we don’t do short stories.
- The Breakdown So Far by M. A. C. Farrant
- Ditto â€” another book of short stories.
I plan to purchase and read these as well but they’re also not quite appropriate:
- Geography of Nowhere: The Rise and Decline of America’s Man-Made Landscape by James Howard Kunstler
- The Long Emergency: Surviving the End of Oil, Climate Change, and Other Converging Catastrophes of the Twenty-First Century by James Howard Kunstler
I’m open to any suggestions. I want an edgy and well-written novel set in the
present time or the future.
Miranda July did a companion web introduction thing to that story collection and it is fascinating. If you google her, it should be easy to find.
Oh! That sounds interesting!
Thank Neil Gaiman. I found out about it on his blog.